Old World Stone Design
146 Q Street
Rio Linda, CA 95673
[T] (916) 796-5236
The art and craft of stone carving is a source of passion and discovery in my life. I have been working as a mason, stonecutter, and carver since 2001. I was fortunate to find apprenticeship, training, and guidance working under several master masons and carvers. My journey in the art and craft of stone has taken me physically across the western United States and internationally to Queensland, Australia. I worked on a wide breadth of prestigious projects ranging from: cathedrals and courthouses, historical listed structures and building conservation, private estates, Fine arts Sculptural commissions, and other works in stone. My training and apprenticeship working as an architectural stone carver and Mason earned me the knowledge of “how” to cut stone. Finding that my voice and vocabulary was not complete I studied Fine Arts Sculpture at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco with a stone carving emphasis; obtaining my AA in 2015 and BFA completion in 2017. I am a licensed California masonry contractor combining traditional craft and contemporary techniques to produce a legacy in our built environment.
I work mainly with limestone, marble, sandstone, travertine, and Granite.
- Architectural stone cutting, carving, and masonry construction contracting
- Custom fireplace fabrication and installation
- Lettering and monument fabrication/ installation
- Architectural model development
- Castings and mold making
- Public and private sculptural commissions
- Conservation and restoration of architectural and sculptural elements
- Design development and drafting
“I work to make our world a more beautiful place”