2601 E. 5th St.
Austin, TX 78702
[T] 512-478-6119, 512-480-0066
- Kincannon Studios, Austin, TX (2008-present) Partner
- ARCHAIC, Austin, TX (1992-2008) Partner
- Cathedral Stoneworks, NY, NY (1987-92) Project Manager, Lead Carver
- Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, NY, NY (1980-1987) Apprenticeship
- Certificate of Stone Masonry Guild (4yrs)
- Certificate of Stone Carving Guild (3yrs)
- Kincannon Studios, Austin, Texas (1992-Present)
- Southwest Stoneworks, Dixon, N.M. (2004-Present)
- American Youthworks (2007-2008)
- Elisabet Ney Conservatory (1992-1995)
The majority of our work is in limestone from Texas or Indiana. We also work in marble, soapstone, alabaster, slate and sandstone. We were trained by English carvers and masons at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City during the years 1980-1992. Our professional experience has expanded to include notable Texas projects such as the Palmer Community Center, Governor Ann Richards Memorial, Zilker Botanical Gardens, the Cathedral of St. Mary, St. Louis Cathedral Church, Our Lady of the Rosary Cemetery, Bexar and Ellis County Courthouses and the Bill of Rights Monuments in Phoenix, Az.
“From the beginning, ornament has been an integral part of virtually all cultures, gracing buildings, clothing, bodies, utensils, vehicles-almost every appurtenance of daily life. Perhaps ornament has been such a consistent part of human history because it has satisfied a need for beauty that all people share.”