Become a Stone Carvers Guild Member!
The Stone Carvers Guild is a group of independent working professional American stone carvers. We are working to ensure that carved stone will continue to play an important role in our built environment throughout the 21st century and beyond. Refer to the resources section of the guild website for definitions of “stone carver”. Note that we are geared towards stone carving, not towards other aspects of the stone trades or stone sculpting.
The Stone Carvers Guild is a 501(c)6 non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Illinois.
- Professional membership is limited to stone carvers who have been General Members for at least one year, have earned their living as a professional stone carver for at least six years, have attended at least one annual meeting and have submitted a portfolio that has been approved by the review committee of the guild.
- General membership is open to carvers and interested individuals who have a U.S. address. All members, regardless of experience and skill level, start out as general members.
Entitlements for General Members include:
- Opportunity to apply for Professional Membership after one year, subject to above criteria
- Able to attend meetings and network with members
- Access to on-line discussion forum
- Subscription to The Stone Carvers’ Journal published by the guild
Entitlements for Professional Members include the above plus:
- Entitled to vote in Guild elections
- Eligible to run for office
- Guild website portfolio at www.stonecarversguild.org
Membership fees due with application
Application form will be posted online shortly
- General Members: $40.00 per year
- Professional Members: $100.00 per year
Make check payable to: Stone Carvers Guild (your check is your receipt)
Mail application to:
Stone Carvers Guild Membership
7N057 IL Route 25
Elgin IL 60120
Email us for membership questions.